Description of Users and Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect and/or Receives
In the course of operating the Website and providing the Services, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
If you would like to use our Services or schedule a demo, you will be asked to provide certain personal information, including but not limited to, email address, first name and last name, phone number, company name, and title (collectively, “Contact Data”). The Contact Data is used to provide the requested service or information and to contact you for purposes of direct marketing of our current and future services.
In an ongoing effort to improve the Website and the Services, we automatically collect certain information when you visit the Website, and/or access or use the Services. This information consists of your IP address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website and Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the Website and/or the Services by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website and/or Services or when you access the Website and/or Services by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Website and Services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
For Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics
How We Use and Share Your Data
You authorize us to use the Contact Data, Billing Data, Usage Data, and personal information contained in the Customer Data (collectively, the “Information”) for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website and Services, including to monitor the usage of our Website and Services.
- To manage your Account: to manage your account and registration as a user of the Services.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Services.
- To contact you: To contact you regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- For other purposes: We may use your Information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, services, marketing and your experience.
You authorize us to share your Information as described below:
- With Services Providers: We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Related Third Parties: We may share your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or other companies under common control with us.
- With business partners: We may share your Information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With Your consent: We may disclose your Information for any other purpose with your consent.
- With Government or Law Enforcement Authority. To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose your Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Acies or others.
Retention of Your Information
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website or Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Website, the Services and their servers are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us maybe transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Website and the Services, you do so at your own risk.
Security of Your Information
The security of your Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such information, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
You may access, review, and make changes to your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Acies marketing email. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
Links to Other Websites
Important Notice to California Residents
Acies does not monitor, recognize or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms including general web browser, “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.